Volunteer! Help the Estes Park Museum Friends
“Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has”. -Margaret Mead
Volunteers are an integral part of the Estes Park Museum and the Museum Friends! At special events, at the visitor desk, or in the collections room, our volunteers’ service is invaluable in making the Estes Park Museum and Friends events function smoothly. From daily tasks to special events, volunteers serve on a weekly, monthly or as-needed basis. No experience is needed — our only requirement is a positive attitude.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
Special event support
- Assist with long-term event planning, or volunteer for several hours during events, including:
- 16th annual Coolest Car Show in Colorado. Friday, July 4th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Take tickets and greet the public. This show will be held in the new Estes Park Events Complex
Front desk greeter
- Greeters will assist at the Front Desk/Museum Gift Shop and are an integral part of the visitors’ overall experience. The front desk greeter is the first contact visitors have when entering the museum.
- Learn about Estes Park history and share that knowledge with others. Gallery Guides enjoy working with the public and will be responsible for leading our school and adult groups through the museum.
- The Museum staff is seeking help with an inventory of the Museum’s collection of historic objects.
Friends Press support
- The Friends Press is a vital part of the Estes Park Museum Friends. The mission of the Press is to publish original works that contribute to the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of the Estes valley and its natural, cultural, or historical development. The Friends are seeking a volunteer to assist the Editor in Chief with marketing and publicity for Friends Press publications. Marketing interest or experience would be helpful. The volunteer does not have to live in Estes Park, as most work would be done via email. The position entails approximately 2-3 hours a month. Please email Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in joining our team of volunteers, please contact Elaine at email@example.com.
VOLUNTEER ONLY EVENTS
Several times a year in cooperation with the Museum and Town of Estes Park, we host events just to show our appreciation for all the volunteers contribute.
Some past events:
Guided tour of MacGregor Ranch by Historian Laureate Jim Pickering.
Visit to the Reliance Fire Museum, hosted by Doug Klink